Welcome to the first episode of Retail Untapped — the new video series from 3×3 Insights covering news, trends, and insights happening across the independent retail alcohol channel.
In today’s episode, we’ll be discussing 5 Beverage Alcohol Trends to keep an eye on in 2018.
- Local-First: Consumers are keeping it close to home, purchasing products with hometown.
- Low Cal / Low ABV: The health trend is at full scale, including lower ABV drinks growing throughout the market.
- Package Innovation: New package innovation (like Crowlers and canned wine) is blasting the market, providing convenience and causing disruption.
- Premium Growth: From bourbon and gins to tequila and wine, the level of sophistication and exploration is scaling across all generations.
- Unique Flavors & Natural Tastes: In what seems to be an attempt to cater to the ever-evolving preferences of the young consumer, we’re seeing more and more one-off flavors and products lines.
We’ll be watching closely through the second half of the year to see how these trends continue to play out across each category.